Google Adsense with parked domain

The place to discuss Namecheap.com's domain registration services and domain names in general

Google Adsense with parked domain

Postby sw2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:20 pm

How do I set up google adsense for my parked domain on namecheap. I find google's instructions very confusing. Can anybody help? I need STEP-BY-STEP easy to follow instructions. :oops: PLEASE Help!

Thank you!!
sw2

Re: Google Adsense with parked domain

Postby tribulatio » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

I might be wrong, but I do not think you can do that, since you would need to insert AdSense code in NC's parking pages. And anyway, I do not think AdSense would allow you to do it for pages without content.

If you have domains hosted with NC, then it is possible, but you need to go into the HTML code of the pages you are publishing.

If you have domain names with no content, then park them with a service such as NameDrive, for which you do not need your own Adsense account. Or buy an account at WhyPark ($100, to be paid only once for the basic service), allowing you to park 100 domains with automatically generated content, and the ability to insert easily your Adsense code.

I use both, and they work well - although you won't become rich, unless you have really top domains with a lot of traffic. If you park your domains with NameDrive or any other parking service, you won't be allowed to build traffic or to creat backlinks. If you have your domains on WhyPark, you are allowed to create backlinks and traffic.
tribulatio

Postby Namer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:27 pm

tribulatio,

Google has introduced a new feature where you can connect your unused domains to Google Adsense, as a parked page. You don't need to have any content. It'll be just like a parked page but with Adsense Ads.

Can a NameCheap moderator explain how we can set up this. I agree, Google's instruction is very confusing.
Namer

Postby tribulatio » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Thank you for sharing the information here. You are right, I am aware of it, but insofar I know, it is not yet available to people outside the US (I am not in North America myself). Unless the rules have changed. I do not know where sw2 lives.

Otherwise, I think that Namedrive is a good option too - just change the DNS, list it on ND - and it is free. Providing domain names are reasonably good, it is relatively easy to get accepted on Namedrive - which is not the case with all parking companies.
tribulatio

Postby MayyaK » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Hello,

In order to set up Google Adsense for your domain name registered at NameCheap you will need to perform the following actions:
- Choose the domain that you'd like to use with AdSense for domains.
- Choose All Host Records at the left side menu
- For the 'www' Host Name enter the Address pub-xxxxxxxxx.afd.ghs.google.com (where pub-xxxxxxxxx is your unique ID listed on the AdSense setup page) and choose Record Type CNAME from the drop down menu.
- For the '@' Host Name, enter the Address 216.239.32.21 and choose Record Type A (Address)
- Then you should create a subdomains under subdomains settings:
For Host Name (first column) enter '@', for Record Type, for Address enter 216.239.34.21 and choose A (Address) from the drop down menu.
For Host Name (first column) enter '@', for Record Type, for Address enter 216.239.36.21 and choose A (Address) from the drop down menu.
For Host Name (first column) enter '@', for Record Type, for Address enter 216.239.38.21 and choose A (Address) from the drop down menu.

Then click on save changes bottom.

We Hope this help :D
MayyaK
Namecheap Staff

Postby tribulatio » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 pm

I was not the person asking the question, but nevertheless I want to congratulate you, Mayyak: once again, that impressive, helpful NC support. This is really nice to see, how you care for customers! I know why I keep recommending Namecheap as a very reliable registrar. Thank you for the many times you help all of us!
tribulatio

Postby Bilgefisher » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:43 am

I just register my domains with namecheap, but I have an outside host. Should I go through the host to setup my domain google adsense? I ask, because I do not have an "all host record" on the left.
Bilgefisher

Postby MayyaK » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:56 am

Hello,

Yes, you are absolutely right, if your domain name is hosted elsewhere you will need to set up it at your host's side. :)
MayyaK
Namecheap Staff

Postby CarlosSEO » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:55 am

I was just in my google account few days ago. And I find "[Google] Adsense for Domains" and works with this kind of situation.
CarlosSEO

Postby bogdanionescu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 pm

hello

I am not able to access All Host Records at the left side menu, I don't see this link
anywhere in my domain management menu.

please advice
bogdanionescu

Next

Return to Domain Names

Need help? We're always here for you.

× Close